Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Let The Storm Rage On


photo & story by: lisa petrarca

I was sitting in church, looking out the window as we sang to the background howl of the wind, palm trees bending sideways, resisting the powerful gusts threatening to uproot them. The ominous dark clouds quickly moving in, smothering the warmth of the sun as it illuminated, trying to shine through, thick droplets quickly followed, beating against the window pane.

I sat enjoying the beautiful worship music...warm, content and full of peace. Thankful to be inside the safe shelter of church, worshiping the Lord. The serenity within brought my attention to the direct contrast raging just outside our doors.

Everyday we are faced with life's storms. Some are short, quick little bursts, while others seem to pound us for months, even years. The Lord has told us that we can have peace even during the storms. We need to learn to rely, trust & depend on Him, through the renewing of our minds. Removing all negative, self-defeating thoughts & words, letting the Holy Spirit guide us into REAL truth.

Each day, pray for the Lord to strengthen & comfort you so that you can feel the life giving safety that only HE can provide. A place where you can sit in perfect Christ like peace, while the storm rages around you. Knowing that your Heavenly Father is watching over you. He will take care of you...learn to trust Him, putting HIM first in your life.

"A believing man or woman is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace." 1 Corinthians 7:15

"Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation." Psalm 91:14-16

"If you make the Most High your dwelling - even the Lord, who is my refuge - then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." Psalm 91:9-12

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your ministering verses today. Much needed! Too many storms here.

    ReplyDelete