Wednesday, November 3, 2010

You Are Not Alone!

story by: lisa petrarca


Have you ever felt so completely exhausted and overwhelmed with life? Does it seem when you start to find a little bit of peace, something happens to destroy it? There's always something trying to steal your joy. Recently, while talking with a friend about struggles and difficulties, I realized that through it all, after many years of wondering, "How can I ever make it through this? When will I stop being sad, worried and depressed about everything?"

The realization came at a time when the world would think, "How sad, they had to sell their home and start renting again. They barely have enough money to cover the basic necessities each month." But I've never had such complete and total peace. I've learned to stop constantly worrying. I've learned the secret to letting go of every negative, self defeating thought. I've learned to release the overbearing weight of guilt and shame. Most importantly, I've learned that I'm not alone to deal with these things. I want to share this secret, shout it out to everyone who feels as if they are sinking, drowning in life's sea of problems.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Let go of these things. I know it sounds ridiculous. You might say, "Yeah right, you're crazy, you don't know the mess I've made of my life, the sickness I'm dealing with, the situation I'm in?" I too never thought it was possible. I'd done so much damage it seemed beyond repair. That's just it though, it was beyond anything I could change alone. I needed help, I needed encouragement, guidance, peace, faith and forgiveness.

I started with baby steps, praying each morning, sometimes breaking down completely, crying, asking the Lord to change me, and everything in my life. Then I picked up a book, it changed my negative thought patterns. I opened the Bible and read one single scripture in the morning, then slowly began to read a little more. Strongholds in my life began to tear away. My worst fears, negative self talk, lack of trust, self pity, and walls of protection all began to disappear. I was being set free, one prayer, one scripture at a time. The transformation started to take shape. I wasn't being controlled by anger and fear, I was set free, no longer bound by the chains that life and it's difficulties attached to me.

God had given me His peace, it overcomes any and ALL circumstances. His gift, His son, Jesus Christ died for us to be set free. If we call on Him, let go of our troubles and ask HIM to carry them, forgive us and believe that He CAN and WILL do this, you'll find a peace that sustains you throughout every storm of life.

Just think, it all started through prayer, reading the scriptures and getting to know my Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ. My peace is now beyond my circumstances, beyond my troubles, beyond my fear, it's life sustaining. Take small steps today and see where the Lord can take your life.

Is it too much to give the Lord 15 min. of your time to finally have peace?

If you call Him, He will answer.

"I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, "You are my servant;" I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:9-10

"In those days, at that time," declares the Lord, "the people of Israel and the people of Judah together will go in tears to seek the Lord their God. They will ask the way to Zion and turn their faces toward it. They will come and bind themselves to the Lord in an everlasting covenant that will not be forgotten. "My people have been lost sheep; their shepherds have led them astray and caused them to roam on the mountains. They wandered over mountain and hill and forgot their own resting place." Jeremiah 50:4-6

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:28-31

2 comments: