Wednesday, September 15, 2010
WHAT YOU SAY MATTERS!
Do you ever feel like this some days?
I know that WE ALL have mood swings and often think, "I can't control them." But think about the times that you were mad and arguing with your spouse, girlfriend, boyfriend, parents, siblings etc. & you run into someone you know. Almost immediately, you can change the tone of your voice, controlling the anger and bitterness into the nice, kind, fun person that you want the outside world to see.
Do you have the bad habit of allowing negative, self defeating thoughts enter your mind? This often sets the tone for your entire day. I want to remind you to start your day off with prayer & a few minutes of studying God's word, watch your day be transformed.
YOU HAVE A CHOICE!
Work on how you talk to your loved ones & yourself this week. Work on your anger, negative attitude and negative self talk.
Here's a few positive quotes to think on:
1. Pray & read the word of God today & He will set you free!
2. Courage is progress in the presence of fear...push through your fear to reach your goals!
3. A thankful heart = a powerful person. What are you thankful for today?
4. The world is full of two kinds of people, the givers and the takers. Takers eat well but givers sleep well!
5. God's word coming out of your mouth is one of the most powerful forces on heaven & earth!
6. God's giving is inseparably connected with our asking...PRAY today!
7. God never gives you anything to do that's beyond your ability with Him by your side!
8. Kindness is the oil that takes the friction out of life!
9. What virtues can you find today in the people close to you? Look for the good & see your relationship change!
10. Good words are worth much & cost little...think about what you say today!
11. Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it!
12. It is challenging to say the right thing...let wisdom rise above emotions!
13. Think about the words you speak & you will learn a lot about yourself! Speak POSITIVE today!
14. Prayer does not change God but changes him who prays!
15. He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how!
16. Give God your problems & allow Him to give you solutions!
17. Trust God when He says no & when He says yes!
18. The value of persistent prayer is not that He will hear us...but that we will finally hear Him!
19. Learn to take steps of faith each day...it gets easier along the way!
20. Jesus Christ died so that you will be set free...take His life giving sacrifice!
"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. "I will be found by you, declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity." Jeremiah 29:11-14