Thursday, January 5, 2017

Stay In The Moment!

I awoke to a whole houseful of my grown boys...oops I mean men. It was one of those heart swelling, overflowing moments. But then I found myself counting how many days I had before Jullien goes back to New York (4) and Elijah heads back to school in Missouri (5). Then I thought, "Why do I do that? Why do I jump ahead instead of staying in the joy of the moment? I have them here right now and I'm dampening my mood by focusing on next week already."

Today, I'm thankful for recognizing a habit that I all too frequently fall into. I'm thankful that in the noticing I can "take captive every thought", submitting it to The LORD in prayer, asking for HIS help to keep me right where HE has me. A time of over-abundant blessings, happiness, love, and heart-filled joy with my boys...men (I have a hard time thinking of them that way😬). So today I will soak it in. I will let it pour over me. I will stay right here and enjoy the day I've been given. 

Friends, join me in remembering that right here and now is a gift from The LORD. It may be a gift of overflowing, growing, learning, resting or even trials that teach the importance of drawing closer to JESUS...your Helper, Savior and Redeemer.

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."~2 Corinthians 10:5

Jump on the Thankful Train...what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment