Thursday, May 14, 2015

HOW DEEP ARE YOUR SCARS?

I focused on the cracks in the wood floor; the deep scrapes and scarring. They've been there every single time I've sat close to stretch, but today I noticed. They seemed more obvious...battle wounds; class after class, weight bearing down. It's old and worn now. It's taken much. As I continue to stare, my battle wounds come to light. A struggle in the waiting currently engulfs me. 

Is that why I noticed?

Is it cancer? How bad? What am I going to have to face?

Old scars from the last time I went down this road a year ago...re-opening, tearing deep.

But I received a miracle. It was gone and I required no further treatment. 

Scars leave a mark. A reminder left behind.

Jesus shared His scars of sacrifice with a doubting Thomas~(John 20:24-27). A reminder of the truth of His love, words and actions. The scars remained but the truth prevailed. Hope to the hopeless. Love for the unloved. Forgiveness to the lost. Healing's for the sick. Resurrection from death. Promises of a new way of life, above all we face; above all we're dealing with.

Jesus Christ bears the truth and love. As we look to Him in the middle of a crises...we are healed.

As I focus on Jesus in the waiting, my worry gives way to peace. My fear gives way to trust. 

We are all scarred. We all have a choice. Are you...am I...going to continue to look at the scars too long? Or are we going to focus on the Healer, Jesus Christ? It's a moment by moment, minute by minute choice. What are you choosing? Today I choose healing. My Lord and Savior meets me as I seek Him. Today Lift your eyes up...your Savior, Jesus Christ is holding out His love scarred hands toward you. Grab Hold. Be healed.


Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.”
So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”
And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

Therefore say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts: “Return to Me,” says the Lord of hosts, “and I will return to you,” says the Lord of hosts.~Zechariah 1:3

Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”~John 8:12

No comments:

Post a Comment