Friday, April 24, 2015

ARE YOU HUNGRY?


He slowly descended, wings wide, landing softly; having nothing to do as I waited for the green light, I watched. A second bird, identical in size and color glided in next to him. They turned to look at one another, the second bird lowering its body and turning his beak upward.  The first bird leaned down, putting food into the waiting, open beak.

I want to be just like this second bird; trusting, expectant...as I spend time with my Lord each day, waiting in openness for Him to feed my soul the nourishment needed for today

I want to start my day knowing that I'm empty, needing a healthy portion of what The Lord wants to give me to make it through this day, finishing strong; fed, and then feeding others who may, "glide in next to me."

Lord, help me to spend time each morning, bending low, looking up to You for exactly what I need. Open my heart as You faithfully and lovingly meet me, fill me, guide me and direct my every step, thought, word and action. You are more than enough for whatever I face today. Help me so I don't MISS IT! In Your Mighty & Holy Name Jesus, Amen.  

"Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?"~Matthew 6:26

"The eyes of all look expectantly to You,
And You give them their food in due season."~ Psalm 145:15


"Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us."~Romans 5:5

No comments:

Post a Comment