Monday, November 17, 2014

My Will vs. God's Will


The call came in. I've been putting off the very thing the Lord is telling me to do. My procrastination isn't for a lack of want on my part. Change is just plain scary. Change and commitment to forever leaves me feeling nervous. I don't know why. I know it's right. I knew it the minute we began to walk down this journey. God's will. God's purpose. God's timing. But I drag my feet in weariness. Sometimes I want things my way. My will. My timing. So I stop. I wait until I feel emotionally ready to move.

But what if in the waiting, I'm not being faithful?

What if, instead, I choose to say, "Okay Lord, it doesn't feel like I can do this right now, but I will trust YOU!" Isn't that what faith is...a trust when it looks to be too much? Faith in God...who's plans, will and way are opened in the impossible. If I wait for my timing; for things to be just perfect; for my emotions to be perfectly ready...is that faith?

Am I trying to control the very thing the Lord is asking me to give to Him? Can I lay it down completely and let Him take over?

My will vs. God's Will.

The ever present battle.

My prayer today is that I let go. I hand it over to Jesus and walk out the steps of faith, no matter how shaky, feeble or weak I may feel. I know my safety is found in Him and nothing else.

Lord, help me to trust You more and give You complete control over every area, every scary situation, every unsure step. For it is in the letting go that You are found. An ever present pillar. A light in the darkness. A hope to the hopeless. Thank you Lord. I sit in the loving embrace of Your arms as You carry me to my final destination, wherever that may be and whatever that may look like. Your perfect will be done in and through me.

"So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God." Mark 11:22

"My son, give me your heart, And let your eyes observe my ways." Proverbs 23:26

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." Matthew 6:33

"And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment." Mark 12:30

"The Lord will give strength to His people; The Lord will bless His people with peace." Psalm 29:11

"He is the Rock, His work is perfect; For all His ways are justice, A God of truth and without injustice; Righteous and upright is He." Deuteronomy 32:4

No comments:

Post a Comment