Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Have a Feeling You Just Can't Shake?

"Get up and go over there!"

"GO, she needs you."

I slowly walked out, looking for the person. Unable to see her, I went back inside, but the words seemed to shout in my head over and over. I grabbed a few things to put in my car, a rouse to go out and look around again. I spotted her, talking to another woman, who obviously had the same promptings from the Holy Spirit. I set my things in the car and turned to head back inside.

There it was again, "GO, she needs you."

Now, I need to tell you, I'm not a bold person. I don't feel comfortable walking up to people. I'm fine if they approach me, but it's difficult for me to push myself to make the initial move. It's a fear of rejection or deep seeded insecurity (which I'm working on!) I just feel awkward and uncomfortable.

Unable to shake the voice in my head, I slowly walked over, apologizing for interupting. As I joined in with the two women, I realized that Heavenly Father had a purpose for me. This woman, a sister in Christ, was going through something very difficult, which I had also gone through. We were soon joined by another woman. The three of us, who all had experienced the loss of our siblings, were able to talk, comfort, cry, hug, encourage and pray for this hurting sister.

I'm reminded of some very important points:

1) God uses others to comfort you in your time of need. He never leaves you alone or abondoned, even when He takes something from you.

2) God heals your heart, mind and spirit with His Love. He then uses you and all you've been through and overcome to bless, encourage and give hope to those in the midst of despair.

3) God is mindful of you, your worries, fear, hopes and dreams. His Love is so great that He sacrificed His only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ...FOR YOU! He is a Faithful, Loving, Caring God.

Our God is an Awesome God, He Reigns from Heaven Above! 

As you feel the promptings of the Holy Spirit, guiding you, don't ignore it. God has a plan for you. Everything you've been through in your life will be used by Him. His purpose for you is greater than doubt, fear and insecurity. Step up and step out in Faith...someone needs you.
"Because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God."
Romans 8:14 

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows."
2 Corinthians 1:3-5


"Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God."
2 Corinthians 3:4


"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."
1 Corinthians 15:58

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corinthians 17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment