Tuesday, May 10, 2011

RAISE YOUR VOICE


photo: National Geographic

Singing loudly, our voices rising, lifting above the outside rumbling of traffic, people and sirens. Carrying through the park, as we sang, a favorite song of a church member who passed away suddenly last week, in our sorrow, lifting up our praises to the Lord in song.

The church doors were propped open, allowing a cool breeze to flow in. I was captivated by singing coming from directly outside. The joyous song of two small sparrows, perched in the white wooden over-hang, loudly singing along with us. It was mesmerizing, I couldn't take my eyes off them. It was as if they were singing into a microphone, echoing loudly throughout the building, also raising their voices to Heaven. A moment in time, frozen, etched within my soul, knowing that even the sparrows sing praises to the Lord.

Our time here on earth is just a moment compared to eternity. Each day just a flash of light. How you spend that day matters. Take each thought captive, seek to grow closer to Jesus Christ, sharing His unconditional love with others. So when your "moment" has passed, you can hear the Lord say, "Well done my good and faithful servant."

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

"But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. O my Strength, I sing praise to you; you, O God are my fortress, my loving God." Psalm 59:16-17

"My mouth will speak in praise of the Lord. Let every creature praise his holy name for ever and ever." Psalm 145:21

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they. Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:26-27, 33

"His master replied, "Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!"Matthew 25:21

No comments:

Post a Comment