Thursday, February 26, 2009

Believe In Yourself

The older we get the more we tend to look back and ask, "Have I achieved my goals? Have I pursued my dreams? I know that I let fear rule my life ever since I can remember. I would put on a very confident, somewhat aggressive exterior but what was happening deep inside was completely different than my public persona.

I never tried to achieve my hopes and dreams because I was afraid of failure. I would rather play it safe than look stupid. I've decided to finally reach for those dreams...I'm not going to let fear control my life any longer. I found the following story very inspiring.

SHAKE YOUR BOX
Author Unknown

I recently heard a story about a very poor lady in India who had a child. The Dr's said he would never be able to walk. The lady loved her child and made a box, tied a string around her waist and pulled the baby everywhere she went. The child got bigger and started shaking the box. It would tip over, the mother scolded the child, picked him up, put him back in the box, and went on again. Eventually the child shook the box so hard it tipped over and broke. The mother went to pick the child up...but the child began to crawl over to a wall, and pulled himself up. The moral of this story is, SHAKE YOUR BOX!

You were made to accomplish great things. Find your life purpose and do not let your past control your future. Remember to shake your box everyday...you are so close to achieving your dreams.

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed." NIV
Proverbs 16:3

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." NIV
Proverbs 16:9

No comments:

Post a Comment